Examples of non-emergency health conditions that can be evaluated by providers at the University Health Center include (but are not limited to):
- Colds and flu‐like illnesses
- Acute and chronic musculoskeletal injuries
- Rashes and other skin disorders
- Headaches and dizziness
- Ear infections
- Sore throat, strep throat, mononucleosis
- Asthma and seasonal allergies
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and other gastrointestinal problems
- Urinary symptoms
- Sexually transmitted disease screening, testing and treatment
We also offer the following in-office procedures (list not inclusive):
- Liquid nitrogen (cryotherapy) for wart removal
- Suture removal
- Dressing changes
- Incision and drainage for abscess
- Ear wax removal
Before You Visit
All patients who do not have the University of Maryland Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) are advised to contact their health insurance plan provider to inquire about what services may or may not be covered; many plans do NOT cover services outside of their geographical areas. The University Health Center is considered out-of-network & can not bill some HMO/POS plans such as Kaiser & Tricare Prime. We can not bill Medicare and out of state Medicaid. Please visit our Insurance and Billing section to learn more.
Preparing For Your Visit
- Please check-in at the Registration Desk 15 minutes before your appointment.
- Please bring your University ID, health insurance card and a method of payment to your visit.
- We recommend bringing all of your medications with you to your visit. If you are unable to do this, please bring a list of your medications that includes the name, strength and how it is taken.
- It is also helpful to bring previous records with you to your visit, especially if you have been seen by another provider for the same issue.