Prevention and Education Programs
View information about Sexual Assault Awareness Month 2013.
The main goals of the Sexual Assault Response and Prevention Program Education workshops are to:
- promote an understanding of what acquaintance rape is,
- assist men and women in beginning to communicate about this topic
- discuss prevention tips,
- explain common reactions for victims and how to help a friend, and
- provide resources on/near campus to assist students with concerns about sexual assault.
The workshop is designed to promote communication and therefore does not entail male-bashing or blaming women. The workshop does contain sexuallyexplicit material and frank conversation on the topic of sexual assault.
A discussion of common feelings that occur after a rape and information for helping a friend is provided. Audience members are given several resources for on and off-campus counseling, legal and medical assistance.
To learn more about SARPP Educators Click Here
2013-14 Applications to become a SARPP Educator are closed. Stay tuned for 14-15 applications in spring 2014.
To request a SARPP Educator presentation Click Here
To visit SARPP's main page Click Here
SARPP Educator Phone: 301-314-8124
- About the University Health Center
- Clinical Services
- Mental Health Services
- General Insurance FAQ's
- Mandatory Insurance Waiver
- Health Promotion
- Student Involvement
- New & Transfer Students
- Center for Health and Wellbeing
- Sexual Assault Response and Prevention Program
- Faculty & Staff Services
- For Parents
- Quality of Care Survey
|Proud member of the American College Health Association|