In An Emergency:
If you or someone you know is having a mental health emergency, call the University Health Center Mental Health Service at (301) 314-8106, Monday through Friday 8:30am-5pm. After hours, please call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255). This hotline is available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. In case of an emergency, call 911 or go to the nearest hospital emergency room.
Mental Health Service, University Health Center, (301) 314-8106. Open Monday through Friday 8:30am-5pm.
Counseling Center, Shoemaker Building, (301) 314-7651. Open Monday through Thursday 8:30am-9pm, Friday 8:30am-4:30pm.
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline, 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Help Center Hotline, (301) 314-HELP (4357). Available Monday through Thursday 2pm-2am, Friday 2pm-10pm, Saturday and Sunday 4pm-midnight.
- Suicide: The Forever Decision by Paul Quinnett
- Suicide: Prevention, Intervention, Postvention by Earl Grollman
- Night Falls Fast: Understanding Suicide by Kay Redfield Jamison
- Choosing to Live: How to Defeat Suicide through Cognitive Therapy by Thomas Ellis and Cory Newman
- Healing After the Suicide of a Loved One by Ann Smolin and John Guinan
- About the University Health Center
- Health Insurance
- Frequently Asked Questions: Insurance
- Clinical Services
- Mental Health Services
- Health Promotion & Wellness Services
- Student Involvement
- New & Transfer Students
- CARE to Stop Violence
- Faculty & Staff Services
- For Parents