The purpose of the Health Promotion Unit is to increase health knowledge and enhance practices of wellness for the University of Maryland campus community.
The goals of the Health Promotion Unit are:
- To increase knowledge of personal and community wellness.
- To facilitate the adoption and maintenance of positive health behaviors and wellness practices.
- To collaborate with Health Center staff in the delivery of client education services.
- To increase awareness of Health Center programs and services.
- To provide experiential opportunities for peer educators, interns and other students interested in health related professions.
Health Promotion Links:
- Alcohol & Other Drug Responsibility
- LGBT Health
- Nutrition Services
- Peer Education
- Sexual Health
- Stress Management & Wellness Counseling
- Tobacco Cessation
- Wellness Programs
- Peer Education Presentation Request Form
- Professional Staff Presentation Request Form
University of Maryland organizations and groups may request the University Health Center to partner, sponsor, or co-sponsor their campus health and wellness related programs, projects, campaigns, or events. In order to recieve priority, please submit your request 1 month in advance. Click here to submit a request.
- About the University Health Center
- Clinical Services
- Mental Health Services
- General Insurance FAQ's
- Mandatory Insurance Waiver
- Health Promotion
- Student Involvement
- New & Transfer Students
- Center for Health and Wellbeing
- Sexual Assault Response and Prevention Program
- Faculty & Staff Services
- For Parents
- Quality of Care Survey
|Proud member of the American College Health Association|