Frequently asked questions for Women’s Health

Q : What is included in an Annual Exam?

A: The Annual exam includes:

  • Routine breast and pelvic exam
  • Chlamydia and gonorrhea testing
  • Pap test may also be recommended depending on guidelines


Q : I have had an abnormal Pap test in the past. Can I have the follow-up care at the health center?

A: Yes, we do follow-up for abnormal Pap testing, depending on the severity of the abnormality. You can schedule an appointment and bring all records related to your abnormal Pap for review.


Q: What should I do if I think I have a urine infection?

A: Call the appointment line to schedule appointment for urinary symptoms. They will direct you to go the lab at least one hour prior to your appointment.


Q: I would like to continue getting the Depo Provera shot once I come to school. How can I do that?

A: Schedule an appointment for Depo provera injection. Bring a statement from your doctor’s office noting the date of your most recent Depo Provera injection. It is past the due date of your injection, you will need to schedule an appointment to restart your Depo Provera.


Q: How and where do I get Emergency Contraception (ECP)? (link and anchor to ECP info on HP site)

A: Emergency contraception is available at our pharmacy for STUDENTS ONLY. You must present your student I.D. to purchase ECP at our pharmacy. Get more information about ECP options.