International Travel Clinic
Here at the University Health Center (UHC) International Travel Clinic in College Park, we see many faculty, staff and students who are traveling around the world, either as part of their research and study programs, or just backpacking for enjoyment.
"The Terp Guide to Travel" brochure is also a helpful guide when it comes to preparing for your trip abroad.
Things to know:
- Once you know your travel destination, make your appointment.
- Ideally, you will visit the travel clinic 4-6 weeks in advance of your travel.
- Bring your most current immunization records to your appointment.
- Bring your detailed travel itinerary to your appointment.
- Bring your insurance card to your appointment. Some vaccines may be covered by your insurance.
The International Travel Clinic offers:
- Instruction in how to manage food and water when traveling.
- Up to date information on political situations.
- Information on preventing malaria and other insect transmitted diseases.
- All immunizations.
- A "yellow book"--an international certificate of vaccinations.
- Information on all aspects of travel - altitude, animals, clothes, children, etc.
People are increasingly traveling into developing countries, where conditions can be unfamiliar to most Americans. You may need vaccines prior to your trip.
This information was put together to assist travelers in avoiding some of the pitfalls so they can have a healthy, enjoyable experience. However, after reading all this you may wonder if you really want to go! Please do! Traveling is a great experience and not to be missed. It's also more fun without diarrhea, sunburn, malaria, etc.
There are charges for vaccines. The total cost will depend on what an individual needs.
For questions, please call Tina Thorburn at (301) 314-8120 to get information
- About the University Health Center
- Clinical Services
- Mental Health Services
- General Insurance FAQ's
- Mandatory Insurance Waiver
- Health Promotion
- Student Involvement
- New & Transfer Students
- Center for Health and Wellbeing
- Sexual Assault Response and Prevention Program
- Faculty & Staff Services
- For Parents
- Quality of Care Survey
|Proud member of the American College Health Association|