CARE to Stop Violence
Campus Advocates Respond and Educate (CARE)
1) To respond to incidents of sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence, stalking and sexual harassment effecting all genders of the University community,
2) To educate the University community about sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence, stalking, sexual harassment and bystander intervention; empowering members of the campus community to act to reduce such violence.
Hours and Availability:
The CARE Office is open Monday thru Friday from 9 AM-5PM. No appointment is needed. You can also call us on the 24 hour Crisis Cell at 301-741-3442. Advocacy services are free and confidential for those who have been impacted by these issues, those who care about them and non-offending partners.
CARE also provides short term animal assisted psychotherapy for those impacted by sexual assault, dating violence, domestic violence, stalking and sexual harassment. Please contact us if you are interested in seeing a therapist.
Privacy and Confidentiality:
Your well-being and healing is our priority. CARE keeps information private and confidential. You can tell us as much or as little as you want to; you can even be anonymous.
The University of Maryland is committed to providing resources and options for those impacted by sexual assault, dating or domestic violence. View the University of Maryland’s Sexual Misconduct Policy. According to Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, sexual harassment is prohibited. Under Title IX, sexual assault is considered a form of sexual harassment.
The University of Maryland’s Title IX Coordinator can be reached at:
Office of Civil Rights and Sexual Misconduct
Title IX Office
1143 Susquehanna Hall
University of Maryland
College Park, MD 20742
- About the University Health Center
- Health Insurance
- Clinical Services
- Frequently Asked Questions: Insurance
- Mental Health Services
- Health Promotion & Wellness Services
- Student Involvement
- New & Transfer Students
- CARE to Stop Violence
- Faculty & Staff Services
- For Parents
- Quality of Care Survey