For Mental Health Emergencies, when the Mental Health Service is closed:
- Call the University of Maryland Counseling Center at (301) 314-7651
- Call the University of Maryland HELP Center at (301) 314-HELP
- Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK or the Maryland Crisis Hotline at 1-800-422-0009. These resources are both available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Call 911 or the University of Maryland Police Department at (301) 405-3333
- Go to an area hospital.
During the academic year, between 5 - 6pm Monday through Friday or between 9am - 12pm on Saturday, students can come to the Health Center's Triage unit or call (301) 314-9144 and report that you are having a mental health emergency.
View our Inclement Weather Policy.
- About the University Health Center
- Health Insurance
- Frequently Asked Questions: Insurance
- Clinical Services
- Mental Health Services
- Health Promotion & Wellness Services
- Student Involvement
- New & Transfer Students
- CARE to Stop Violence
- Faculty & Staff Services
- For Parents
- Quality of Care Survey