Insurance at UHC
The top three things you need to know about insurance at UHC:
1) Call your insurance provider before visiting the Health Center to make sure they will cover services at the UHC. The UHC is in-plan with Aetna, United HealthCare, Cigna and Carefirst/ Blue Cross-Blue Shield PPO and EPO plans only. Some insurance plans may require a referral, preauthorization or precertification.
If your insurance is a HMO or POS plan, call customer service to verify benefits for care provided at the UHC. Generally, the customer service phone number is listed on your insurance card. Make sure you know your policy number and policyholder’s name when you call. Be sure to ask if your visit to the UHC will be covered and if you will be responsible for any payment.
WARNING: Some HMO plans do not have out of network benefits. You will be responsible for all charges.
2) Always bring your insurance card and photo ID to every visit.
3) Call ahead to schedule an appointment at (301) 314-8184 or make an appointment online.
If you are experiencing a life-threatening emergency, dial 911.
To find out more about payment and specific insurance plans, view our list of Frequently Asked Questions.
Please direct health insurance questions to (301) 314- 9144.
- About the University Health Center
- Clinical Services
- Mental Health Services
- General Insurance FAQ's
- Mandatory Insurance Waiver
- Health Promotion
- Student Involvement
- New & Transfer Students
- Center for Health and Wellbeing
- Sexual Assault Response and Prevention Program
- Faculty & Staff Services
- For Parents
- Quality of Care Survey
|Proud member of the American College Health Association|