What are my options?

Confidential Reporting

What is Confidential Reporting?

You can meet with a CARE Advocate and tell us as much or as little as you want.  We are bound by confidentiality and will not share your story with anyone. 

Can I be anonymous?

Absolutely.  You are not required to provide your name or any other identifying information. 

What if I eventually want to report what happened to me to someone else?

Sometimes individuals who have experienced violence may become interested in reporting to the police, or telling partners or friends about their experience and journey to healing.  CARE to Stop Violence can help you through either process.  Please contact us at 301-314-2222 for further help.

Non-confidential Reporting

What is non-confidential reporting?

Non-confidential reporting includes reporting to campus police or local law enforcement, the Office of Student Conduct or the Title IX office.  These options include writing a formal statement and possibly participating in a formal process which may include court or university disciplinary proceedings.  If you are unsure whether or not you want to report, please contact CARE at 301-314-2222 or email us at uhc-care@umd.edu

Assistance with Reporting

How can CARE to Stop Violence help me with reporting what happened to me?

CARE can help you through the reporting process.  If you need information about your options or would like to be supported through the reporting process, we are here for you.  Please contact us if you need assistance or would like to talk about your options or how CARE can help you.